The primary goal of this exercise is to apply your developing sociological knowledge and skills to the analysis of the process of socialization.
Describe and analyze the process of socialization. Begin with responding to the question “Who Am I?”
(37 yr old Black Female Military Veteran)
In your description, make sure to incorporate the concepts, such as roles, statuses, group membership, etc. Your response to this question should be at least 1+ page in length.
Next, analyze at least 4 agents of socialization that have affected your development as an individual, focusing on childhood socialization into adulthood. Consider, for example, the ways in which the family, religion, media, peers, and education have influenced your development, opportunities, and life choices. Your analysis of the process of socialization should be 3+ pages in length and incorporate at least 4 sociological concepts or theories ( structural-functional theory, social conflict theory, feminism, and symbolic interactionism)
(hint: sociological concepts should be clearly identified and then applied. You are encouraged to use and cite sources here. Any paraphrasing or direct quotes used from another source should include APA formatted in-text citations and a full reference at the end of the essay. Examples of related concepts and theories include the self, moral development, nature and nurture, and resocialization).
Assignment adapted from An Introduction to Sociology: Socialization Exercise
• Submissions should be typed, double-spaced, 1″ margins, times new roman 12 pt font, and saved as .doc, .docx, .pdf.
• Use APA format for citations and references
• View the grading rubric so you understand how you will be assessed on this Assignment.
• Disclaimer- Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
• This course has “Resubmission” status enabled to help you if you realized you submitted an incorrect or blank file, or if you need to submit multiple documents as part of your Assignment. Resubmission of an Assignment after it is graded, to attempt a better grade, is not permitted.