This case traces the development of 3M’s innovative and global culture from its early
days through 2018. The main focus of the case is on the evolution of culture at 3M, and
how this culture drove their global strategy through a continual stream of product
innovations that have taken the company into a large number of different industries. The
case also looks at how management deliberately institutionalized the emerging culture
at 3M by creating rules and procedures that provided opportunities for, and rewarded,
innovative risk taking.
You will need to review the case study in your textbook (Case 19), the weekly readings,
and outside research, then answer the following questions utilizing topics covered in
chapters 9 and 10.
• How was the culture of entrepreneurship and innovation nurtured at 3M from the
era of McKnight through to that of DeSimone? How has entrepreneurship been
institutionalized within the company?
• What were the strengths of the organization and culture of 3M during the
McKnight to DeSimone era? What were the potential weaknesses?
• Over their existence, 3M has utilized both related and unrelated diversification.
Please provide an example of each in relation to 3M. How did each type of
diversification work out for the company?
• Utilizing different examples than in question 3, what has 3M done right with their
diversification? What have they done incorrectly? Why?
• Submit a two-three page Word document covering the elements of the
• Develop a clear introduction, body, and conclusion. Use paragraph format and
• Focus on the quality of writing and content.
BUS411 – Business Policy
3M: The Innovation Engine – Case 19
• Use elements of APA formatting (title, references, and in-text citations). Abstract
is not required. The title page, reference page, and appendices are excluded in
page length requirement.
• Research and cite at least two academic sources in APA format.
Be sure to read the criteria below by which your work will be evaluated before
you write and again after you write.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.
Have an assignment?
We are here to help you
Why we are the best
- High quality services
- On time delivery
- Professional writers
- Plagiarism free essays
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Satisfaction guarantee