BIO/1015 Week 4 Assignment 1 Discussion Question (***** Both Questions Answered + APA Format + Original Work + References ******)
Mr. Wilko is a 40-year-old salesperson with a wife and three teenage children. He has recently begun to have a beer at lunch and a few drinks after work to reduce his work-related stress. An economic downturn in the housing industry has reduced the need for new home appliances and his income and sales record has been affected. Several other salespeople have been laid off at his firm. He has been told that if his sales and attendance records do not improve he will be fired. He and his wife are constantly arguing about finances and the children’s increasing demands for money. His drinking has increased to several beers at lunch and continued drinking after dinner. When he returns to work with alcohol on his breath, he is dismissed from his job. He continues to consume alcohol during the day as he attempts a job search. His wife is very concerned, as are his teenage children.
- Mr. Wilko states he is a social drinker and “can stop at any time.” How accurate is his self-assessment? his self -assessment is not accurate for the simple fact that he considers himself a social drinker he is in denial that depression has set in.
- What stressors are present in Mr. Wilko’s case? anxiety,depression
- Why does Mr. Wilko continue to increase his alcohol intake? to surpress the feelings on depression or fear of losing his job he feels as if he continues to increase his drinking it will subside the feelings that he is having
- What changes in liver function can Mr. Wilko expect if he continues to drink large amounts of alcohol? his liver function
- Mr. Wilko complains to his wife that all the stress is causing “indigestion.” How do stress and alcohol consumption affect GI function?
- Why is Mr. Wilko at greater risk of trauma? because he is consuming way too much alcohol at an increasing rate above normal which can lead to gastritis as well as pancreatitis
Gastrointestinal Disorders Case
A 50-year-old man has been suffering from substernal pain for the last 5 months, particularly on waking up in the morning. He lost his job a year ago and was suffering from depression. He consumes about 12–16 cans of beer every day. He has lost his appetite too and says that eating aggravates pain.
- Is this acute or chronic gastritis? Chronic gastritis
- What factors may lead to the development of gastritis? Loss of appetite black or tarry stools upset stomach depression
- What investigation should be performed?
- How can the patient be treated?
BIO 1015 Week 4
Week 4 assignments pathophysiology
The post A 50-year-old man has been suffering from substernal pain for the appeared first on homeworkcrew.com.