· NURS 6501: Advanced Pathophysiology
At least 3 ciatations APA Format. 7th Edition
McCance, K. L. & Huether, S. E. (2019). Pathophysiology: The biologic basis for disease in adults and children (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Mosby/Elsevier.
· Chapter 32: Structure and Function of the Cardiovascular and Lymphatic Systems; Summary Review
· Chapter 33: Alterations of Cardiovascular Function (stop at Dysrhythmias); Summary Review
· Chapter 35: Structure and Function of the Pulmonary System; Summary Review
· Chapter 36: Alterations of Pulmonary Function (stop at Disorders of the chest wall and pleura); (obstructive pulmonary diseases) (stop at Pulmonary artery hypertension); Summary Review
Note: The above chapters were first presented in the Week 3 resources. If you read them previously you are encouraged to review them this week.
Week 4: Alterations in the Cardiovascular and Respiratory Systems
Cardiovascular and respiratory disorders can quickly become dangerous healthcare matters, and they routinely land among the leading causes of hospital admissions. Disorders in these areas are complicated by the fact that these two systems work so closely as contributors to overall health. APRNs working to form a similarly close partnership with patients must demonstrate not only support and compassion, but expertise to guide the understanding of diagnoses and treatment plans. This includes an understanding of patient medical backgrounds, relevant characteristics, and other variables that can be factors in their diagnoses and treatments.
This week, you examine alterations in the cardiovascular and respiratory systems and the resultant disease processes. You also consider patient characteristics, including racial and ethnic variables, and the impact they have on altered physiology.
· Analyze processes related to cardiovascular and respiratory disorders
· Analyze alterations in the cardiovascular and respiratory systems and the resultant disease processes
· Analyze racial/ethnic variables that may impact physiological functioning
· Evaluate the impact of patient characteristics on disorders and altered physiology
Module 2 Assignment: Case Study Analysis
An understanding of the cardiovascular and respiratory systems is a critically important component of disease diagnosis and treatment. This importance is magnified by the fact that these two systems work so closely together. A variety of factors and circumstances that impact the emergence and severity of issues in one system can have a role in the performance of the other.
Effective disease analysis often requires an understanding that goes beyond these systems and their capacity to work together. The impact of patient characteristics, as well as racial and ethnic variables, can also have an important impact.
Photo Credit: yodiyim – stock.adobe.com
An understanding of the symptoms of alterations in cardiovascular and respiratory systems is a critical step in diagnosis and treatment of many diseases. For APRNs this understanding can also help educate patients and guide them through their treatment plans.
In this Assignment, you examine a case study and analyze the symptoms presented. You identify the elements that may be factors in the diagnosis, and you explain the implications to patient health.
A 65-year-old patient is 8 days post op after a total knee replacement. Patient suddenly complains of shortness of breath, pleuritic chest pain, and palpitations. On arrival to the emergency department, an EKG revealed new onset atrial fibrillation and right ventricular strain pattern – T wave inversions in the right precordial leads (V1-4) ± the inferior leads (II, III, aVF).
Assignment (2-pages case study analysis)
In your Case Study Analysis related to the scenario provided, explain the following
· The cardiovascular and cardiopulmonary pathophysiologic processes that result in the patient presenting these symptoms.
· Any racial/ethnic variables that may impact physiological functioning.
· How these processes interact to affect the patient.
These points needs to be properly addressed.
The post Advanced pathophysiology. assignment | NURS 6501 – Advanced Pathophysiology | Walden University appeared first on homeworkcrew.com.