Budget and Narrative Funding and Implementation Plan
For this assignment, you will develop a budget that aligns to the organization objectives of your proposed program.
Don’t use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Budget and Narrative Funding
Just from $13/Page
1. First, create a line-item budget for one fiscal year with expenditures and revenues. You may use this Sample Line-Item Grant Budget to follow the template structure.
2. Then, write a budget narrative that explains the budget decision process related to the budget revenue/income and expenses. This narrative funding plan must be at least 2 pages. Be sure to explain the “how” and/or “why” a line item helps to meet the program deliverables. You may use the budget narrative example below to support the structure of your narrative.
Office of the State Superintendent of Education. (2017). Budget narrative/justification example. https://osse.dc.gov/publication/budget-narrativejustification-example
Your paper should include a budget that is at least a page in length and a budget narrative that is at least 2 pages, not including the title and reference pages, and should include the following elements:
• Title Page: Provide your name, assignment title, course and section number, and date.
• Body: Include an introductory and a concluding paragraph. Answer all the questions, reflecting appropriate personal and professional insights.
o The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose that is clearly established and sustained. The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
o Your responses should reflect professional writing standards, using proper tone and language. The writing and writing style should be correct and accurate, and reflect knowledge of program development and administration.
• Reference Page: Sources listed in APA format.
o Include a minimum of two sources to support your responses and conclusions. One can be your text. The other should be from a peer-reviewed journal with DOI numbers and not more than five (5) years.
• Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced and left-aligned.
• Use standard 1″ margins on all sides.
• Use current APA 7 formatting and citation style.
This assignment assesses the following Course Outcome:
Develop a budget for a human services program.
Please read the following chapter in the text:
• Chapter 12: “Budgeting for Financial Control, Management, and Planning”
In Chapter 12 of the text, you will review the principal purposes of budgeting. You will also learn about the major models of budgeting and be introduced to major budgeting systems.
Additionally, please review the resources below:
Fiscal Management Associates. (n.d.). Resources. https://fmaonline.net/nonprofit-financial-management/financialresources/
Nonprofitworks. (2018). Budget basics. https://www.nonprofitworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Budget_Basics.pdf
Nonprofitworks. (2018). Budget planner. https://www.nonprofitworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Budget_Planner.pdf
Nonprofitworks. (2018). Sample revenue projection.https://www.nonprofitworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Sample-Revenue_Projection.pdf
For more information on Budget and Narrative Funding read this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget