Choose a drug classification (Examples: Typical or Atypical Antipsychotics, Anxiolytics, SSRI, Tricyclic Antidepressants, MAOI, mood stabilizers, opiates, NSAIDs, etc.) that is discussed in Unit Six or Unit Seven in Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach textbook and then use your Davis’s Drug Guide or another SCHOLARLY source to provide the following information:
- Summary of the Drug Classification (what different medical conditions are these drugs used to treat?) and list the names of 2-4 drugs in your chosen drug classification
- Typical routes of administration
- Common side effects and adverse effects common for the drug classification
- Special considerations (caution with renal or liver insufficiency, harmful drug-drug interactions, etc.)
- Common Nursing interventions and important client teaching
Please DO NOT just copy/paste your information from your textbook or drug guide–put the information into your own words. You DO NOT need to use APA formatting for your submission (because this is a PowerPoint), but please do include your references (in APA format) in the last slide.