COMMUNITY HEALTH AND POPULATION-FOCUSED NURSING
B. Write your community health nursing diagnosis statement.
• The community health nursing diagnostic statement identifies a health concern or risk, identifies the affected group or community, suggests a cause, and logically discusses the evidence and/or support for the diagnosis.
B1. Explain how the health concern from your community health nursing diagnostic statement is linked to a health inequity or health disparity within the target population.
• The explanation accurately identifies a health inequity or health disparity within the target population and logically discusses how the identified health inequity or disparity is linked to the health concern identified in part B.
B1a. Discuss the primary community resources and primary prevention resources currently in place to address the health concern.
• The discussion appropriately details the primary community resources and the primary prevention resources relevant to the identified health concern.
B1b. Discuss the underlying causes of the health concern.
• The discussion accurately identifies potential contributing factors for the health concern and logically proposes the underlying causes for the health concern based on the identified potential contributing factors.
B2. Discuss the evidence-based practice associated with the Field Experience topic.
• The discussion is logical and appropriately includes the evidence-based practice relevant to the selected Field Experience topic.
B2a. Identify data about the selected Field Experience topic from the local (e.g., county), state, and/or national level.
• The submission logically identifies data that relates to the selected Field Experience topic from the local, state, and/or national level.
C. Develop a community health nursing social media campaign strategy that will convey your health message and address the Field Experience topic by doing the following:
C1. Describe your social media campaign objective.
• The description presents an objective for the social media campaign that can feasibly convey the health message and address the Field Experience topic.
C2. Recommend two population-focused social marketing interventions and justify how each would improve the health message related to your selected
Field Experience topic.
• The justification of 2 recommended social marketing interventions describes how each social marketing intervention is population focused and logically explains how each social marketing intervention would improve the health message related to the selected Field Experience topic.
C3. Describe a social media platform you would use that is appropriate for communicating with the target population.
• The description identifies a social media platform that would be used and includes logical rationale for why the selected social media platform is appropriate for communicating with the target population.
C3a. Discuss the benefits of the selected social media platform in supporting preventative healthcare.
• The discussion logically outlines the benefits of the selected social media platform for supporting preventative healthcare and logically describes how each benefit applies to supporting preventative healthcare.
C4. Discuss how the target population will benefit from your health message.
• The discussion logically outlines the benefit(s) of the health message for the target population and logically describes how the benefit(s) of the health message apply to the target population.
D. Describe best practices for implementing social media tools for health marketing.
• The description identifies best practices that are appropriate and specific for implementing social media tools for health marketing.
E. Create a social media campaign implementation plan by doing the following:
E1. Describe stakeholder roles and responsibilities in implementing the plan.
• The description identifies specific stakeholder roles and responsibilities that are appropriate for the implementation of the social media campaign plan.
E2. Discuss potential public and private partnerships that could be formed to aid in the implementation of your campaign.
• The discussion identifies potential public and private partnerships that could be formed and logically describes how each potential partnership would aid the implementation of the social media campaign plan.
E3. Create a specific timeline for implementing your campaign.
• The timeline for implementing the campaign is realistic and includes specific details related to the implementation of the campaign.
E4. Explain how you will evaluate the effectiveness of the campaign.
• The explanation identifies the tools that are necessary for the evaluation of the campaign, logically describes the criteria for campaign effectiveness, and logically discusses how evaluation tools will be used in the determination of campaign effectiveness
E5. Discuss the costs of implementing your campaign.
• The discussion identifies the specific elements of the social media campaign that would require financial support to implement and logically describes the
potential cost of implementing each of these elements.
F. Reflect on how social media marketing supports the community health nurse’s efforts to promote healthier populations.
• The reflection logically discusses the benefit(s) of using social media marketing for the community health nurse and logically describes one or more
specific examples of how social media marketing supports the community health nurse’s efforts to promote healthier populations.
F1. Reflect on how your social media campaign could apply to your future nursing practice.
• The reflection logically discusses one or more examples of how the social media campaign could apply to the candidate’s future nursing practice.
G. Acknowledge sources, using in-text citations and references, for content that is quoted, paraphrased, or summarized.
H. Demonstrate professional communication in the content and presentation of your submission.