14 Dec Compensation Step 1) Refer back to your textbook or eBook, Chapter 11 ? Total Rewards and Compensation, Section 11-4 Compen
Step 1) Refer back to your textbook or eBook, Chapter 11 – Total Rewards and Compensation, Section 11-4 Compensation System Design Issues, and Section 11-4c Marketing Competitive Compensation
Step 2) Review the attachment, ABC Company Staffing Plan for 20XX. ABC company will be expanding into new locations in the near future and would like to take a market competitive approach when hiring HR staff in certain geographic areas. See the compensation costs.
Step 3) Refer to the attachment, ABC Company Pay Ranges, and review the data focusing on the differences in pay in relation to compensation strategies (see Figure 11-6 pp. 387).
Step 4) Refer to section 11-5b Market Pricing, 11-6 Pay Structures, 11-6a Pay Grades, and 11-6b Pay Ranges, read and studY
Step 5) In your first post, answer the following questions:
- For the VP of HR, see the cost of compensation. The labor market is currently paying approximately $190,000 a year in San Francisco. ABC Company will be hiring its new VP HR at $210,000 a year. Do you think ABC Company’s compensation for this position is to pay competitive, fair, and equitable? Why or why not? Is this position in the Lag, Lead, or Market strategy? Explain your findings.
- For the two HR Generalist positions in Houston. One is priced at $90,000 a year, and the other at $88,000 a year. Take into consideration the point factor example on p. 390. What might be causing a difference in pay between the two positions if they are the same? Explain your rationale. Why is it important to create pay ranges to justify your answer?
- For the HR Generalist positions in Houston & Raleigh, where does compensation fall into the range? Minimum to low? Midpoint to Maximum? Explain how you came up with your answer.
- What is the compa-ratio Robert, the Contract Recruiter? See the compa-ratio calculation on p. 394. Is Robert being paid below the pay range or above the pay range midpoint? Is he a red-circle worker or a green-circled worker?
- Altogether, what might be some reasons that ABC company pay ranges and pay structure are the way they are? Support your reasoning with key terms, theories, and other concepts from the chapter.
Step 6) Respond to at least two additional posts by building on what your classmate said, expand the discussion, and/or justify why agree or disagree with the initial post. When responding to each one of your classmates, begin the post by addressing them by their name.
This assignment requires:
- A well-developed post of at least 500 words is required for your first initial post. Use your textbook or eBook as a primary reference source with citations in the body of your writing.
- Write at least 200-250 words in each of your follow-up posts to your classmates. Use your textbook or eBook as a primary reference source with citations in the body of your writing.
- Secondary sources (references) such as recommended readings, the STC Library (online), shrm.org, hr.com, Harvard Business Review, Business Insider, or Fortune.com are encouraged but not required.
- Include your reference list after each response (post).
- Two due dates apply for discussion posts, one for your first post, and the final due date for your two follow-up replies. See your syllabus course schedule for your Discussion post due dates.
Our website has a team of professional writers who can help you write any of your homework. They will write your papers from scratch. We also have a team of editors just to make sure all papers are of HIGH QUALITY & PLAGIARISM FREE. To make an Order you only need to click Ask A Question and we will direct you to our Order Page at WriteDemy. Then fill Our Order Form with all your assignment instructions. Select your deadline and pay for your paper. You will get it few hours before your set deadline.