Dominos Pizza Inc Case Study SWOT PESTEL Analysis
Complete a case study of Domino’s Pizza Inc, (Case 18 in your textbook). You will find the case in the case section of the text.
A formal, in-depth case study analysis requires you to utilize the entire strategic management process. Assume you are a consultant asked by the ABC Corporation to analyze its external/internal environment and make strategic recommendations. You must include exhibits to support your analysis and recommendations.
- Cover page (must include the company name, your name, the date of submission, and a references page; the document must follow current APA guidelines)
- A total of 12 – 15 pages (for all three parts, combined) of narrative text, this does not include the financial statements, reference pages, or matrices
- Reference page (follow current APA guidelines)**PLEASE USE U.S. BASED REFERENCES ONLY**
- Historical Financial Statements, Projected Financial Statements, NPV Calculations and a Cost Sheet for the strategy in an Excel document
- Matrices, which must be exhibits/attachments in the appendix and not part of the body of the analysis (The Strategy Club has excellent templates/examples for exhibits and matrices). Link placed in instructions
Your paper must include:
- Existing mission, objectives, and strategies.
- A new mission statement (include the number of the component in parenthesis before addressing that component).
Great mission statements address these 9 components:
- Customers: Who are the firm’s customers?
- Products or services: What are the firm’s major products or services?
- Markets: Geographically, where does the firm compete?
- Technology: Is the firm technologically current?
- Concern for survival, growth, and profitability: Is the firm committed to growth and financial soundness?
- Philosophy: What are the basic beliefs, values, aspirations, and ethical priorities of the firm?
- Self-concept: What is the firm’s distinctive competence or major competitive advantage?
- Concern for public image: Is the firm responsive to social, community, and environmental concerns?
- Concern for employees: Are employees a valuable asset of the firm?
- Analysis of the firm’s existing business model.
- SWOT Matrix and Analysis (comes from researching the firm, industry, and competitors). It is important to know the difference between causes and effects in the SWOT analysis. Causes are important, not effects. Focus on internal and external analysis when completing this matrix. This matrix should be based on research and contain quantifiable metrics. There should be 8-10 items in each quadrant, with research support for each item.
- Once the SWOT Matrix and Analysis is created, construct the TOWS also known as the Bivariate Strategy Matrix.
- Group Map – create this based on the firm as a whole or a specific SBU, clearly identify which method you chose and why.
- Competitive forces analysis, use PESTLE and Porter’s Five Forces as the foundation for this analysis. Clearly identify the factors that are impacting the firm, research is required to support the position taken in your narrative.