The Basic Topic: You will be writing –-in general—about WHY a particular movie turned out to be a box-office flop.
To that end, you will
- Narrow your thesis to a workable size;
- convey your findings from at least four ACADEMIC outside sources (yes–Wikipedia footnotes and Works Cited pages can take you to legitimate sources)—but you must limit quotes to no more than five consecutive words (yes—it’s a challenge);
- present all outside sources (i.e., the stuff that comes from outside your brain) following the MLA rules, so that means SIGNAL PHRASES, IN-TEXT CITATION, and a WORKS CITED PAGE.
Late essays will be ding-ed by one letter grade per day afterwards; that is, if I get it after midnight or even the next morning, it’s still docked a letter grade. Remember also that you CANNOT REVISE LATE ESSAYS AT THE END OF THE TERM. Please note that the late penalty is to REWARD the people who work to submit their essays on time.
In an essay of at least eight BODY paragraphs, explain/describe WHY (you’re presenting what you infer from sources) the film did so poorly at the box office. In your essay you must include references to at least four legitimate academic sources.
What’s tricky about this?
- Not falling onto the plot-summary trap. You do not have time to write a book. Zero in on likely REASONS…or go insane. It’s up to you.
- You may use only partial quotes from the academic sources. The shrewd approach is to embed significant language from the original into summary/paraphrase (which requires you to integrate the sources with more finesse).
- Signal phrases—good ones—and in-text citation when needed.
- Framing material that engages your audience. Practically speaking, I am your audience. Try to make me interested in your essay from the start, and try to make me smile as I finish the essay (which I do just before putting a grade on the essay).
And don’t forget a Works Cited page.
I already made my thesis, my main ideas and the first sentence of my conclusion paragraph.Here they are:
In Spite of the devotion under Peter Pan’s history, little mistakes and misfortunes, caused the new version Pan (2015) to become a major box office bomb.
-One of the reasons for the lack of impact of the movie, was the delay of the publication date.
-Followed by the first point, the rescheduling of the publication, caused an increase on the movie’s budget
-The movie stayed under the shadows of its competition; the public preferred to watch the other movies.
-Another reason that make this movie flop , was the lack of young public.
– A point that affected this movie’s success was the bad review and critics made.
-It is considered that one aspect that mad this movie gain so little money , was the selection of the Casting.
Peter Pan is a Disney Classic, known and loved by many; nevertheless, the 2015 representation of the history “Pan” did not succeed because of some misstep and lack of luck.
The post Essay box office flop | English homework help appeared first on homeworkcrew.com.