Identify the ways delivery of sport psychology services may be evolving given the availability of modern technology and alternative types of communication. For example, consider how clients and consultants would potentially use text messaging, e-mail, videoconferencing, different social media platforms, and evolving technology (such as apps or biofeedback technology) within the application of sport psychology or marketing of business.
Develop a 10-minute PowerPoint presentation, consisting of 6â€“10 slides, for fellow sport psychology professionals that addresses ethics of modern aspects of the delivery of sport psychology services. Create an overview of a specific topic area and provide suggestions for best practices to ethically work with a diverse population of athletes, coaches, and organizations.
- Select one specific mode of modern communication and identify the ethical considerations and codes related to using such methods within the scope of applied sport and performance psychology.
- Develop a list of best practices one might employ in order to prevent ethical pitfalls or violations while also engaging in modern methods of service delivery.
- Devise a strategy for monitoring and maintaining ethical practices related to evolving trends in sport and performance psychology.
- Provide at least three references to support your analysis.
How to Create Your PowerPoint Presentation
Make sure the slides contain only a summary of your main points. Use bullet points, images, or a combination of both to convey information in the brief, succinct manner appropriate for a professional-level presentation. Do not go into detail in the slides. Instead, use the Notes section of each slide to convey additional information too detailed for the slides themselves. For each Notes section, explain the slide in paragraph form, as if you were preparing a longer work and include citations, references, formal sentences, et cetera. Make sure your narrative reflects APA expectations regarding scholarly communication.
For more information on preparing an engaging PowerPoint, refer to the Guidelines to Effective PowerPoint Presentations tutorial linked in the Resources.
- Length: 10 minute presentation, consisting of 6â€“10 slides.
- Format: Summarize main points in PowerPoint slides and write the accompanying narrative in the notes section.
- References: Add citations and references in the Notes of each slide as needed. In the Notes sections, include at least three sources that describe the chosen construct outside sport psychology. In addition, include two citations that refer to the chosen construct within sport psychology. Use current APA style and formatting guidelines for your references.