- Due Date: FRIDAY, December 6th by 11:59pm
- Format: 2 pages, double-spaced, .pdf or .docx ONLY. No pages files or Google Drive links.
- Essay Structure: While this paper is short, it still needs the features of an academic essay (intro, thesis, supporting paragraphs, conclusion).
- Submission Instructions: Papers must be submitted via Canvas (NO EXCEPTIONS). Go to â€œAssignmentsâ€ to access the submission link.
Choose ONE of the following essay prompts:
- Arab/Muslim Representation: Examine Arab/Muslim representation in The Night Of. Consider examining how and if Hollywood stereotypes specific to this ethnic/religious group are evident in the show. Are patterns of representation repeated uncritically, challenged, or both? Explain how. This program also falls into Alsultanyâ€s â€œsimplified complex representationsâ€ theory. Explain how the episode bears evidence of her theory, referring to details from the show and/or larger themes. Refer to specific scenes/characters/visual details and concepts from the readings and/or lectures.
- Hollywood Cinema and Class: Examine Trading Places for how it repeats or upends Hollywoodâ€s common class tropes. Investigate the film for one or more of the following: the Horatio Alger myth, solving narrative problems by buying something, class consciousness within characters or the film overall, exposing/revenging Wall Street corruption, class-based stereotypes, and/or the intersection of class and race in the film. Refer to specific scenes/characters/visual details and concepts from the readings and/or lectures.
- Gender in Classical Hollywood Film: Examine the gender implications and issues in Sunset Boulevard. Investigate one or more of the following: primacy of male characters as agents (â€œdoersâ€), women as secondary characters (objects), gender issues for both male and female characters in Film Noir, narrative qualities of the â€œwomenâ€s film,â€ formal (technical) differences in gender construction (â€œsutureâ€ editing, 3-point lighting, fetishized editing, narrative halt, etc.). How does the ending â€œmanageâ€ the issues raised throughout the film? Refer to specific scenes/characters/visual details and concepts from the readings and/or lectures.
NOTE: While this assignment is short in length, â€œAâ€ papers will be polished in presentation, including: an introduction, thesis statement, supporting paragraphs, and a conclusion. The goal is to demonstrate comprehension of the course ideas and the ability to synthesize readings, lectures, and screenings.
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.
The post film summary 2 appeared first on My Nursing Experts.