Please see attached reading
Image credit: Escaped slaves, Cumberland Landing, Va, May 1862, http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/contrabands.htm
This assignment supports the following lesson objective:
- Understand the way historians gather and analyze evidence
This exercise will help to recontextualize the study of slavery as a way to illustrate the challenges and opportunities connected to oral sources.
- Written responses (300-400 words) to exercise questions
Perform the following tasks:
Step 1: Read “The View from the Bottom Rail” from After the Fact: The Art of Historical Detection (in this module).
Step 2: After reading the text, answer the following questions.
Use a word processor to write your response to the following questions:
- What challenges does the study of slavery present for historians? How have some researchers tried to address these problems?
- There is a long discussion here of the interviews of Susan Hamlin and Susan Hamilton. What does this illustrate about the challenges that remain from the use of oral testimony?
- What happened to freedpeople after the war? What role does oral testimony play in recreating this portrait for us?
What Students Are Saying About Us
Customer ID: 12*** | Rating:
“Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first Great job, thank you!”
Customer ID: 11***| Rating:
“This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent.”
“Order a custom Paper on Similar Assignment at homeworksmith.com! No Plagiarism! Enjoy 20% Discount!”
history was first posted on February 16, 2022 at 4:51 pm.
©2020 "academicacers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org