Q. During the course of your employment you may have experienced working for both a male and female supervisor. Discuss from your personal point of view the advantages/disadvantages and like/dislike of working for each gender. Use real life experiences if applicable.
The traits that describe leaders with are subjective terms, it can be problematic to unpack whether the leadership traits are genuinely predominant in one gender or the other or whether they are easier to see because they are expected (Gartenstein, 2019).
Some of my personal point of view on the pros and cons of male and female bosses are:
Female supervisor pros
- They can be more sympathetic and understanding. I can relate to them better on many levels myself being a female.
- I find females bosses more approachable than male bosses because I find them better communicators.
- They are more aware of their emotional intelligence than male supervisors.
Female supervisor cons
- Female leaders can be insecure about their own abilities at times. This makes them appear as not confident with their leadership as male managers.
- Female leaders may also take things personally sometimes and can overthink small issues.
Male supervisor pros
- With male leaders, I tend to know where I stand more often since I find them more straightforward with their remarks.
- Male leaders indulge in less gossip in general. This makes workplace clear of unnecessary clashes.
- I find them less passive aggressive and with less mind games.
Male supervisor cons
- Male leaders focus less collaborative effort during discussion/meetings.
- Male leaders are less aware about their interpersonal relationship matters.
- They also seem to be little focused in systems, organization, follow through and follow ups.
- I find them to be less detail oriented.
By no means, I am saying all females are insecure and likes to gossip or males are not sensitive enough. These are just some of the traits I had noticed in my previous experiences and may be it had lot to do with my own personal biases. Therefore, these traits do not define or represent any gender.
According to Pew research center, the public sees little distinction between men and women on several of the leadership traits. Large majorities say that when it comes to intelligence and innovation, men and women display those qualities equally and see no gender differences in ambition, honesty and decisiveness (Women and leadership, 2015).
Do you need a similar assignment done for you from scratch? We have qualified writers to help you. We assure you an A+ quality paper that is free from plagiarism. Order now for an Amazing Discount!
Use Discount Code “Newclient” for a 15% Discount!
NB: We do not resell papers. Upon ordering, we do an original paper exclusively for you.