In a 5-7 page written assessment, determine how health care technology, coordination of care, and community resources can be applied to address the patient you’ve defined. In addition, plan to spend approximately 2 direct practicum hours exploring these aspects of the problem with the patient you’ve chosen to work with and, if desired, consulting with subject matter and industry experts.
The patient you will use is: Jennifer, a 30 year old female (who is a family friend) diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis in 2015. The population health issue selected is: Ineffective Pain Management. Use this patient to reference this assignment, and you can make up information to use as if you interviewed the patient yourself, and add it in to do this assignment.
• Whom did you meet with?
• What did you learn from them?
• Comment on the evidence-based practice (EBP) documents or websites you reviewed.
• What did you learn from that review?
• Share the process and experience of exploring the effect of the problem on the quality of care, patient safety, and costs to the system and individual.
• Did your plan to address the problem change, based upon your experiences?
• What surprised you, or was of particular interest to you, and why?
• Analyze the impact of health care technology on the patient.
• Cite evidence from the literature that addresses the advantages and disadvantages of specific technologies, including research studies that present opposing views.
• Determine whether the evidence is consistent with technology use you see in your nursing practice.
• Identify potential barriers and costs associated with the use of specific technologies and how those technologies are applied within the context of this problem.
• Explain how care coordination and the utilization of community resources can be used to address the patient, and health issue topic.
• Cite evidence from the literature that addresses the benefits of care coordination and the utilization of community resources, including research studies that present opposing views.
• Determine whether the evidence is consistent with how you see care coordination and community resources used in your nursing practice.
• Identify barriers to the use of care coordination and community resources in the context of this problem.
• Analyze state board nursing practice standards and/or organizational or governmental policies associated with health care technology, care coordination, and community resources and document the practicum hours spent with these individuals or group in the Core Elms Volunteer Experience Form.
• Explain how these standards or policies will guide your actions in applying technology, care coordination, and community resources to address care quality, patient safety, and costs to the system and individual.
• Describe the effects of local, state, and federal policies or legislation on your nursing scope of practice, within the context of technology, care coordination, and community resources.
• Explain how nursing ethics will inform your approach to addressing the problem through the use of applied technology, care coordination, and community resources.
• Support main points, assertions, arguments, conclusions, or recommendations with relevant and credible evidence.
• Format: 7th Edition APA style.
• A title page and reference page.
• Appropriate section headings.
• Conclusion paragraph.
• Length: 5–7 pages in length, not including the reference page.
• Supporting evidence: Cite at least 5 sources of scholarly or professional evidence
(NO MORE THAN 5 YEARS OLD)
ADD URL WEBLINKS for each citation on reference page.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!