To prepare for this Assignment:
- Choose a country from which to write your memoir. Select one that entered into World War I in 1914 and that you have studied extensively in this course.
- Review the Howard, Lukacs, and Mulligan readings in this week's Resources to gain a bird's eye perspective on world events leading up to the start of World War I, especially for the country you choose to write your memoir based on.You may also wish to explore this week’s Optional Resources for additional insights into how the war impacted civilian life.
- Consider how your chosen country has changed between the Era of Imperialism and the beginning of World War I.
- Consider what political, social, geographical, and economic changes have occurred since the start of the war, and how you, your family and your community have been affected (supposing you lived in this country, at this time in history).
- Reflect on how nationalism has influenced your response to entry into war, and the response of your compatriots (again, supposing you lived in this country, at this time in history).
- Compose a 2- to 3-page memoir entry in which you do the following:
- Provide an in-depth personal account of the events you have witnessed leading up to the beginning of the war. In your description, be sure to reflect on the effect that political, social, geographical, and economic changes have had on you in the time leading up to the war, and up to the time of your writing (mid to late 1914).
- Support your assertions by making at least 2 references to your course readings.
Mulligan, W. (2011, March). “The Origins of the First World War.” History Review.
- Pages 12-17. https://ezp.waldenulibrary.org/login?url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=a9h&AN=59833103&site=eds-live&scope=site
Howard, M. (2007). First World War: A very short introduction.
- Read the section on “The Home Front” in Chapter 5. https://ebookcentral.proquest.com/lib/waldenu/reader.action?docID=415878&ppg=30
Lukacs, J. (2013). A short history of the twentieth century.
- Read Chapter 2, (pp. 16-29)
What Students Are Saying About Us
Customer ID: 12*** | Rating:
“Honestly, I was afraid to send my paper to you, but you proved you are a trustworthy service. My essay was done in less than a day, and I received a brilliant piece. I didn’t even believe it was my essay at first Great job, thank you!”
Customer ID: 11***| Rating:
“This company is the best there is. They saved me so many times, I cannot even keep count. Now I recommend it to all my friends, and none of them have complained about it. The writers here are excellent.”
“Order a custom Paper on Similar Assignment at homeworksmith.com! No Plagiarism! Enjoy 20% Discount!”
Memoirs was first posted on June 11, 2021 at 5:42 pm.
©2020 "academicacers". Use of this feed is for personal non-commercial use only. If you are not reading this article in your feed reader, then the site is guilty of copyright infringement. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org