Policy | nursing | Northern Illinois University
- Why has nursing made policy and political competence such a strong part of the nursing curriculum and role development?
- Discuss ways that you have been active as a policymaker or could be active.
- Discuss examples of advocacy you see in your practice or in the practice of others? Advocacy in this form does not refer to bedside advocacy on behalf of your patient. This item is specific to policy advocacy such as with your professional organization, with a consortium, etc.
- Discuss barriers to effective nursing advocacy? What are ways to mitigate these barriers?
- Discuss the importance of ethics in health care policy.