Sarafino, E.P., & Smith, T.W. (2016). Health psychology: Biopsychosocial interactions (9th ed.). Retrieved from https://vitalsource.com
- The full-text version of this e-book is available through your online classroom.
Prior to beginning your work on this assignment, please read the assigned text chapters for Week One. In addition, read pages 17-18 from the article, Theory at a Glance: A guide for Health Promotion Practice (Links to an external site.)(National Cancer Institute, 2005). This article includes information about the Transtheoretical model (TTM) describing stages of change across a timespan, and the Health Belief Model (HBM) describing perceptions determining an individual’s behavior change relating to health and disease.
An additional resource includes the University of Rhode Island Cancer Prevention Research Center’s Transtheoretical Model: Detailed Overview (Links to an external site.).
Different biopsychosocial theoretical models have been developed to assess individual perspectives on health promotion as well as to develop effective interventions to support health promotion. This assignment focuses on shared decision making (SDM) and the use of decision aids (DA) in health promotion as well as the analysis of a specific health promotion practice using two theoretical biopsychosocial models. Utilization of healthcare services in the form of immunizations will be evaluated using the Healthcare Belief Model (HBM) and the Transtheoretical Model (TTM) of Behavioral Change.
How does the consumer perceive and act upon vaccination (immunization) recommendations as a health promotion activity?
For this assignment you must:
Create your paper by evaluating vaccines as health promotion practices.
Conclude your paper by distinguishing how vaccinations are typically utilized across the lifespan from childhood through adulthood and into old age. Depending on the amount of content in your tables, your paper will be a minimum of three pages excluding title page. A reference page is not required unless you choose to use citations in your tables.
Writing the Paper
- Must be three to five double-spaced pages in length not including the title and references pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must include paragraphs of a minimum of three sentences.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use the three provided tables. If citations are utilized, references must be provided, and all sources must be documented in APA style, as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate reference page, formatted according to APA style as outlined
The post Psy 361 – 1.2 | Psychology homework help appeared first on homeworkcrew.com.