Unv-504 week 1 time monitoring worksheet
Introduction to Graduate Studies in the Ken Blanchard College of Business – Being a Graduate Student at GCU
Grand Canyon University
This assignment will help you develop an important skill for college and everyday life – time management. For this assignment, you will keep an informal time log in which you note all your activities for 3 days, from 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. Then, you will review your activities to identify times when you were not productive. You should use this information for planning ways to make better use your time.
Part 1: Monitor Your Time in Hourly Increments
- Use “Time Monitoring Worksheet” to write down what you did each hour of the day, starting at 5 a.m. and ending at 10 p.m. Even if you do not get up until 10 a.m., you still need to record 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. as “sleep.”
- Do not overdo the recording; record the primary activity for the hour. At most, record two activities per hour.
Part 2: Reflection
On day four, review your completed “Time Monitoring Worksheet” in order to take a serious look at how you use your time each day.
Write a reflection (250-500 words) on how you manage your time. Include the following in your reflection:
- What are some things you can do more efficiently?
- What are the main items/tasks that take up most of your time?
- Do you see areas in your daily routine where you can make adjustments to become more productive?
- Do you have any “black holes” that unnecessarily suck up a lot of your time?
APA format is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.